Tue Jun 2009
    الدولة
    قلبي الصغير
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Fegahli ready for the challenge

By Roufan Nahhas

AMMAN - Al Hussein Rumman Hill Climb kicks off on Friday with the participation of 30 drivers representing Lebanon, Palestine and Jordan.

The event, held under the patronage of HRH Prince Feisal, chairman of the Executive Motor Sports Council, and organised by Jordan Motorsport, will witness serious attempts from drivers to break the record and to unseat reigning champion, Abdo Fegahli, of Lebanon.

Last year, Abdo, nicknamed Dado, was crowned champion of Al Hussein Rumman Hill Climb after clocking 1m50.24s in his Mitsubishi Motortune Prototype, leaving Jordan’s Ayman Najjar in second place, with 1m51.51s in a Mitsubishi Evo GT, and Naser Abu Toha in third spot, with 1m56.43s in a Mitsubishi Evo 5.

“The hill with all its curves and twists has a special taste and that’s what makes it very challenging,” Abdo told The Jordan Times.

“It will be hard to break my own record, but I will try my best to adopt the same strategy I did last year and hopefully I will be able to register a better time,” he added.

In 2007, Roger Fegahli broke all previous Al Hussein International Rumman Hill Climb records in a Mitsubishi Motortune Proto, clocking 1m48.76s and breaking the 1m49.71s registered by Amir Najjar in 2005.

“We have a very challenging hill climb in Lebanon and we are used to narrow and twisty roads but still winning here in Jordan is very hard. It will not be an easy ride for me,” Abdo said.

Abdo will lead a wave of professional hill drivers in addition to some new faces.

The Kingdom’s Husam Salem will be driving a Toyota Corolla and is ready for the challenge.

“I will try to repeat what I did back in 2007 in which I won the third place; I know the competition is not easy but still I want to make a difference at the hill,” he said.

In 2007, Salem clocked 1m54.20s in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.

“The hill can be a little tricky but I am depending on my Toyota Corolla to have a better time,” he added.

Jordan’s Speed Test driver Barkiv Shadian will try his luck in a new VW Scirocco.

“I have been training hard for this event in the new Scirocco and so far it did well in the first runs. It will be hard to compete against the Lebanese drivers, but we have a good chance,” he said.

Out of 30 drivers taking part in the event 20 are from Jordan.

Veteran rally driver Lebanese Michel Saleh will also be a tough competitor in the event in addition to Jordan’s Emad Juma and Salim Tuaima.

The hill climb course is exactly three kilometres in length with an average rise of 8.5 per cent. There are a total of 24 bends and corners including four hairpin bends. The course is situated two kilometres north of Rumman.

This year, the Rumman Hill Climb is not part of the Middle East Hill Championship because of a change in regulations, which requests several modifications to be done to the cars.

Record

Abdo Fegahli (RL) 2008

Roger Fegahli (RL) 2007

Hisham Najjar (HKJ) 2006

Amir Najjar (HKJ) 2005

Amjad Farrah (HKJ) 2004

Amjad Farrah (HKJ) 2003

Amjad Farrah (HKJ) 2002

Nabil Karam (RL) 2001

Nabil Karam (RL) 2000

Nabil Karam (RL) 1999

Nabil Karam (RL) 1998

Jaber Al Khalifeh (BH) 1997

King Hussein (HKJ) 1996

Jean Pierre Nasrallah (RL) 1995

Bashar Bustami (HKJ) 1994

Nabil Karam (RL) 1993

Adel Matni (RL) 1992

Mohammed Al Saleh (HKJ) 1990

King Hussein (HKJ) 1989

King Hussein (HKJ) 1988

Amr Bilbisi (HKJ) 1987

King Hussein (HKJ) 1967

King Hussein (HKJ) 1966

Shawki Saidi (RL) 1965

King Hussein (HKJ) 1956

King Hussein (HKJ) 1955

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Tue Jun 2009
    الدولة
    قلبي الصغير
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Exhibitions

Exhibition by Karen Belbeisi at Dar Al Anda Art Gallery. Until October 4. Tel: 462 9598

Glimpses — Exhibition by Clara Amado atForesight32 Art Gallery. Starting October 3 at7:00pm. Until October 13. Tel: 5560080

30 Days in Luxor — Exhibition by Hakim Jamain at Jacaranda Images. Starting October 6. Until October 31. Tel: 464 4050 www.jacarandaimages.com

Exhibition by Ayman Gharaibeh at Orient Gallery. Until October 20. Tel: 568 1303

Landscape & Light — Exhibition of paintings, by Ammar Khammash at Nabad Art Gallery. Starting October 5 at 6:00pm. Until November 25. Tel: 465 5084 www.nabadartgallery.com

An exhibition of video installations, objects and drawings by Wael Shawky featuring 'Larvae Channel 2', ‘Télématch Sadat’ and 'Al-Aqsa Park' atDarat Al Funun - Main Building, and The Youth Salon — exhibition presents video installations, paintings, and drawings byyoung Arab artists at Darat Al Funun -Blue House. Starting onOctober 6 at 6:00pm. Until January 7.

Concerts

Performance byTawfiq Mirkhan on kanun, Zina Asfour on piano,Fadi Hattar on cello and Mohammad Taha on percussions at Al Hussein Cultural Centre onOctober 3 at8:00pm. Proceeds go to the Jordanian Women's Union. Entrance: JD5-7

Opera and Cinema — Performance by flutist Andrea Griminelli and pianist Irene Veneziano at Zara Expo Auditorium on October 5 at 8.00pm. Free entrance.

‘Karim Mahmoud’ — Performance by the Amman Arab Music Ensemble at Al Hussein Cultural Centre – Ras Al Ain on October 5 at7:30pm.

Un-drum/Strategies of Surviving Noise — Electronic music performance byTarek Atoui at Darat Al Funun - archaeological site on October 6 at8:00pm.

Oriental Jazz — Performance by Rolf Zielke and Mustafa Boztüy at Al Balad Theatre on October 8 at 8:00pm.

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sat Dec 2008
    الدولة
    Jordan
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Than you for all report
    but you put all the newspaper papers in the same subject
    and all of the above with no prime name

thx for every thing

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sat May 2007
    الدولة
    أم الدنيا وارض الكنانه
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Thank you for Mjhodgk

Gives you a wellness

On what was published

You can put the source Almswal

My respects

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Tue Jun 2009
    الدولة
    قلبي الصغير
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    شكرا جزيلا لمروركم الجميل والرائع

الاداره
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Tue May 2009
    الدولة
    الرايه الهاشميه حفظها الله
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    اخي هاي موضوع قديم جدااا
    يغلق الموضوع
    ليس من الصعب ان تصنع الف صديق فى سنة
    لكن من الصعب ان تصنع صديقا لألف سنة
    يكفيني فخرا انني ابن الرايه الهاشميه

صفحة 2 من 2 الأولىالأولى 12

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. نو(( rere jordan ))رت
    بواسطة ranoosh94 في المنتدى منتدى الترحيب والتهاني
    مشاركات: 16
    آخر مشاركة: 08-07-2010, 01:52 PM
  2. jordan
    بواسطة A D M I N في المنتدى منتديات المهباش الاردنية
    مشاركات: 6
    آخر مشاركة: 15-05-2009, 12:03 PM
  3. About Jordan
    بواسطة عطر الشوق في المنتدى منتدى اللغات , English,French ,Italian, Spanish, German
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 04-12-2006, 06:20 PM

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •  
معجبوا منتدي احباب الاردن على الفايسبوك